You can statically configure more then one default gateway. In you
particular case, you would probably want to have a higher metric on the
default that you only want to be used during problem conditions.

Advanced uses may require that you use the iproute2 facility to implement
policy based routing. There is a pretty good howto available for that, and
is probably the right place to go for this.

- Marc