Has anyone used any of the Quantum Snap Server products to add NAS storage
for small office use? I remember them using Linux as the hidden OS. I was
thinking of recommending one of these for use in a small office. So far the
only deficiency I see in the small one I want to use (the Snap Server 2200)
is that it doesn't respond to the UPS shutdown command in the event of
commercial power failure. I'm not sure this would necessarily be a big
problem since the rest of their office environment would likely already be
down at this point and the Snap Server should be pretty much idle. I haven't
seen too many problems with Linux systems from power failures when the
system was quiescent.

Thoughts?

-Alex