In a message dated: 25 Jul 2002 14:23:47 EDT
"Kenneth E. Lussier" said:

>This is what I have been doing for quite some time. I have one Debian CD
>that I use to do a bare minimum install. Then I have an options file on
>a floppy that I created using `dpkg --get-selections`. When the
>selections are loaded on the new system (using dpkg --put-selections), I
>do an apt-get and go home for the night ;-)

I've begun playing with FAI and PXE boot systems.  I have a local
debian mirror which is also set up as an FAI server.  My clients use
PXE to boot (though you can accomplish the same with a boot floppy)
and the system is built and booted within about 10 minutes,
completely customised for my environment, based on the specific
either the hardware configuration of the client itself or it's
destined role in life.

Much better than a manual install via CD or even FTP/NFS installs.
--

Seeya,
Paul