In article <004801c28_3d$c9a4c130$0201a8c0@murmur>,
        Benoît Chauvet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Chris Dolan wrote:
>
>> (seriously) I think we can all agree that time should not be a
>> deciding factor.  We do the TPRs as week-long competition so
>> differences in time zone and work schedules cancel out.
>
> On the other hand, I agree with Stephen when he says that the first to break
> a score has more merits than the player who follows. So the first to reach a
> score must be rewarded.

The problem is that posting time has nothing to do with that.
Compare someone who only plays the last day and finds the
shortest solution, and someone who plays the first two days and
finds the shortest solution. The last day player found it in
less time.

People have real lifes and only sometimes time to golf.
I think that time should NEVER determine the winner, not even
in a tiebreaker-tiebreaker-tiebreaker.