On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Matt Morgan wrote:

>> 2. Now the harder one. From Sep 1994 (inception) to Apr 2006, the lists
>> were hosted using L-Soft's LISTSERV software, which did not keep archives.
>> However, I have a complete set of all traffic from that time period, but
>> they are all in Daily Digest format, i.e., with a "Table of Contents" in the
>> front and several emails afterwards. I have MOST (but not all) of these
>> available as MIME digests with each message in a different MIME multipart
>> segment. I also have ALL of them available as a non-MIME digest, with a
>> fixed text separator (like a row of ----) between messages. I would propose
>> to send these as an mbox format of digest files but each email in each
>> digest message would still need to be separated out. (a) Can mail-archive do
>> this digest parsing, or do I need to find or write a script to do this
>> myself? (b) If mail-archive can do it, do you have a preference for MIME vs.
>> non-MIME digest? (c) And if MIME, can you handle the few for which I only
>> have non-MIME digests?
>
> I can't help with this one; skipping.

For MIME digest messages, MUAs like nmh are able to extract such
messages out into individual files, which can be subsequently packed
into mbox format.

If you have mhonarc installed, you can use the mha-decode with the
-dcd-digest option to have all digest messages extracted into separate
files.

--ewh