* I recommend doing the import all at once, rather than in
stages. Not for technical reasons, it just saves manual labor.

* Happy to make a tarball of the HTML after the import.
It will look like basic MHonArc output and cosmetically differ
quite a bit from what is served, because there is significant
cosmetic alteration during serving time.  If you choose to
scrape instead, I don't have a favorite tool to recommend.
Either way, you would be totally on your own from there;
we didn't design for this and would not help with harder
stuff like broken links, local search, etc.

* No active plans around the monthly index feature request. I
can only guarantee such a thing would not happen any time
soon. Same answer for the modifying the thread index. I do
appreciate the feedback and interest and will keep in mind.

* Threading is done MHonArc and discussed here.
http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#threading