At 22:50 11.04.2007, you wrote:
I've seen the Jahia project and was hoping that Graffito would become
the free substitute/companion to Jetspeed.  I'm "free-time" developing
sites for charity and non-profit orgs leaving Jahia w/ cost involved for
non-profits.

Just for your information, a free community edition of Jahia which includes both some Portal (based on J2) and WCM features exists. Moreover all editions (including all commercial ones) are free of charge for charity orgs.

Else, regarding the end of the Graffito project and having developed an integrated CMS coupled to J2, I am quite sure that we could redo something based on a futrue version of Jahia. Jahia will move to Jackrabbit (future version 6.0 - we wanted to move faster into that direction... but you know what it is: too many customers to deal with, not enough time to refactor existing code... and your product roadmap is always delayed...). Combined with such a move, we want to better isolate open source versus commercial features (which is not possible right now based on the existing code base). So this also mean that a possible contribution of our combined J2 Portal+WCMS+DMS stack would be possible in a near future.

Cheers,
Stéphane

- -- --- -----=[ scroisier2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
www.jahia.org : The Professional Open Source Unified ECM