They're the same thing & used when waltz music gets absurdly fast at the
turn of the previous century.  This should get you started:
http://www.libraryofdance.org/dances/   Search for the dance name & there's
video.

Most of the serious dance historians are off at this Vintage Dance week as
of yesterday.
​http://www.vintagevictorian.com/2016summer-bythe-sea.html​
--cin
Cynthia Barnes