On 14/03/2022 09:30, Roger Munford via Hampshire wrote:
I was recently lucky enough to be involved in a development project in a remote
community in Ethiopia which involved installing solar and batteries.

Whilst we were there we visited the local school which had an "ICT" centre with
a single PC and a further PC used by the staff. It was basically a large mud hut with a
earth floor. Despite this the school had managed to get 25 students into higher
education. I thought that they could benefit from a few raspberry pis.

On the way back I met a German development economist who was working for the EU in
Botswana . He said they were interested in a UK product "the raspberry pi".

I promised to send him some background info about the raspberry pi and how it
could be used in education which I know it must but haven't had experience
myself.

Can anybody suggest resources links that would be useful to pass on? I haven't
started yet but can imagine somebody out there may have much more experience.

Sounds like a fascinating and wholesome project!

The whole Raspberry Pi web site is a valuable resource; they have a education
landing page here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/teach/
The forums at https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/ has a plethora of people
discussing the Pi and its numerous uses. The Magpi magazine, from the
foundation, is also a substantial publication and an enjoyable read.

As for third-party resources I expect there's some resource to be mind from the
subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/
--
Adam Piggott, Proprietor, Proactive Services (Computing)
https://www.proactiveservices.co.uk/