From: owner-heb-n...@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
[mailto:owner-heb-n...@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu] On Behalf Of Cliff Miller
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 5:22 PM
To: 'heb-naco@lists.acs.ohio-state.edu'
Subject: RE: 'Avodat ha-kodesh

Joan,
The phrase “koaH gavra” is Aramaic, describing pouring water from each hand
onto the other for ritual rinsing.
The phrase “gavra raba,” for a great man, is also Aramaic. Here two idioms
overlap in a novel usage.

Therefore I see the closing word as the Aramaic verb ka-atu, the conventional
prefix with the verb “they come.”
Something like: Resplendent as the radiant stars coming from the power of the
hand of a great man.

If you don’t like my reading, you can give me the bird, so to speak.
Clifford Miller
JTSA Library