If you're interested in using MySQL on Heroku, be sure to check out
ClearDB. Our Ignite tier stores up to 5MB and is free to get you started.
Paid plans start as low as $9.99 per month and starts with 1GB of storage.
ClearDB is also the only geo-distributed MySQL database in the cloud today,
which means that even if an entire AWS region goes offline, your database
will still be ready, available, and secure.

Check it out: http://addons.heroku.com/cleardb

Also, if you're interested in moving into a dedicated, globally distributed
database platform, check out our website: http://www.cleardb.com.

Hope that helps!
Cashton