>What you're saying about passwords being all numeric is simply incorrect.

The password added to my heroku environment's database string was
all-numeric both times. Both were free-level accounts, though I doubt
that's relevant. I successfully logged into the database using each of
those passwords.

>We use one-way encryption methods to create passwords, and there are no
such one-way functions (that I've ever heard of at least) that generate
numeric-only results.

Don't be absurd. Any function that can operate on an alphabet can operate
on an alphabet of only digits, and most encryption methods operate on the
numbers encoded by those letters, not on the letters themselves.

>That too has been updated in our docs for awhile now.

Perhaps it has, but it was only updated in the Heroku Dev Center docs about
a day ago. Here's the google cache from the 15th showing the information (
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2aLYzupRLaMJ:devcenter.heroku.com/articles/cleardb&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

) - I saw that very sentence in the page Thursday night (Dec 22).