Eric,
What you're saying about passwords being all numeric is simply incorrect.
We use one-way encryption methods to create passwords, and there are no
such one-way functions (that I've ever heard of at least) that generate
numeric-only results. In addition, the reason why we initially were
suggesting that you use an older version of rails was because of the
'mysql://' vs 'mysql2://' schemes. That too has been updated in our docs
for awhile now.

Hope that helps,
Cashton

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Eric Mueller <nevin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Has anyone experienced ClearDB on Heroku or outside?
>
> Tried to, but their heroku account passwords are all numeric-only, which
> runs them into a heroku bug - the database.yml file heroku generates has a
> number instead of a numeric string, and mysql2 is unwilling to work around
> it. That's why the clearDB heroku help page says you might have to 'use an
> earlier version of rails' (you could likely get by by using a different
> mysql adapter more willing to implement workarounds).
>
>  --

*Cashton Coleman, CEO*
*SuccessBricks, Inc.*
c...@cleardb.com