Jorge Rodriguez wrote:
> Just because they port to Mac doesn't make it easy to port to Linux. Mac is a
> huge untapped market for games, but Linux not so much. I wouldn't count on a
> Linux port any time soon.
Personally, the only thing keeping me from switching to Ubuntu full time
is the lack of Steam/Source support (Wine didn't work for me), so I can
continue modding on the platform. Ubuntu offers all the software I
already use, or similar software, except Steam/Source. I agree that
porting to Linux is not an easy task - but neither is porting to Mac.
And GNU/Linux is also a very untapped market for games.

Still, this isn't a discussion of whether there should be a Linux port
or not, I am simply asking if it is planned, and to voice my opinion
that I want it.