From: "Frazer"
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 8:52 AM
Subject: RE: [hlds] HL Source DM server out yet

Try this in a cmd file:

cd c:\somedir\hlserver
HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game "hl2mp" -dir .
pause

That will get you the dedicated HL2 DM server files, if you do not already
have them.

Run the server as you would any other dedicated Source (srcds) server.
There
are several methods, ranging from running it from a console to wrapping it
as a service with either FireDaemon or srvany.

If you running on a Windows host and want to try my modest ogsWatcher app
wrap your dedicated server and keep it running, you can download the
latest
version here:

http://gearbox.oathill.com/cbb/files/16/ogswatcher/entry54.aspx

Very simple to set up and detailed documentation included to explain how
configure individual game server instances.

Frazer