Actually, even with bans, we found that we would see the "PLAYERNAME has
joined the game" as they must attempt to connect for the bans to process.
 The plugin that was linked by Jeff S.  did the job.  Sure, we can't see
when ANYONE joins the game, but it stopped the vulgar names from spamming
our screens constantly, and that was the goal.
Thanks again all.