Hi,

thanks for your feedback, never run the server as root so I never
noticed this *weird* behaviour :S
This specific unprivileged user (/*not root*/) I'm doing the tests with
is allowed to set realtime scheduler for its own processes.

Kernel is: 2.6.32-279.9.1.el6.x86_64 (official binary shipped by centos)

What I can't understand is why srcds_linux tries to do such change on
its own... If I wanted to see it make use of realtime scheduler I would
do that when starting... I do not like processes doing things by their
own :S

Additionally this kind of behaviour would make people run the
gameservers as root because it will magically performs "better" thanks
to the automatic scheduler changes :O
Are we opening a Pandora's box? :D

13660 testtf2   -3   0  288m 174m  19m S  9.6  1.5   0:10.58 srcds_linux
13653 testtf2   20   0  103m 1568 1224 S  0.0  0.0   0:00.00 srcds_run

pid 13660's current scheduling policy: SCHED_RR
pid 13660's current scheduling priority: 2

pid 13653's current scheduling policy: SCHED_OTHER
pid 13653's current scheduling priority: 0

let me see what happens when running as root :)