Il 30/09/2012 17:35, dan ha scritto:
> On 29/09/2012 18:37, Marco Padovan wrote:
>> :D
>>
>> btw I hope someone from Valve will clarify about this behaviour so at
>> least we can understand if making servers run as root "better but more
>> expensive" is an intender behaviour
>
> No, running as root is obviously not intended for security reasons.
But it gives better performance out of the box as things are currently.
And you cannot argue on that.

>> and if there's a way around that to
>> suppress this kind of "self changes tries" srcds_linux does :)
>
> This is obvious too, don't give the user that runs the game the
> privileges to  change priority

brilliant.

what else should I expect from srcds_linux?
what's the point in doing hundreds of system calls to
sched_setscheduler() if it's expected to fail?
will we see it doing a 32mb precision PI calculation every map change in
future? should I deny access to some specific math function into the CPU
in such case?