On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:57:07 +0000, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>>I don't even like ordinary PDS.   Other operating systems don't need them.
>
>That doesn't make them wrong.
>There are some implementation flaws, but they exist, so use them, and know
>flaws and repairs.

If you don't understand what's wrong with PDS, re-read Etienne Thijsse's
thread on attempting to delete a PDSE member.  Or imagine my astonished
dismay the first time I allocated a member with DISP=(OLD,DELETE) and
watched the entire PDS vanish.  Enough counterintuitive behaviors and "flaws"
with recondite repairs add up to "wrong".

>PS: Can you spell DLL?

Nobody's perfect; that's no excuse.

-- gil