>If you don't understand what's wrong with PDS, re-read Etienne Thijsse's
thread on attempting to delete a PDSE member.

I didn't say I didn't understand, I said that you had to do so.
Understand their limitations, and how to fix them when they break.
They're not going away.

>Or imagine my astonished
dismay the first time I allocated a member with DISP=(OLD,DELETE) and watched
the entire PDS vanish.

That is documented in so many places.
The JCL Manual/User's Guide (or whatever IBM's calling it/them now), for
example, and
nowhere does it say DISP works at the member level.

The explanation of DISP is at the dataset level, everywhere I've looked.

>Enough counterintuitive behaviors

You can't blame PDS(E) for 45+ years of documented behaviour.

>and "flaws" with recondite repairs add up to "wrong".

Possibly, but there are many cases in z/OS where you are stuck with them.

I'm not a fan of PDSE, anymore, since IBM broke them circa 2003.

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!