Bill

> Does this problem still exist?

Your third response is from a Bill Hecox

>...> IBM came out with many fixes for the TN3270 server and was stablized by
>2005-2006.

assuring us that IBM has dealt with presumably a number of problems, one per
fix in general, and one would hope that whatever problem - not very precisely
defined - it was you used to experience has been covered by this maintenance.

If you are a bit more precise in what your "problem" was and provide a few
details of the results of the problem determination you performed at the time,
we can all try to pitch in with either a relevant APAR code or how
customisation could help - as Mark Zelden indicated might be possible.

You must have performed some problem determination since you're stating that it
was the "session" that hung rather than the TCP connection - or does your use
of the word "session" cover both the SNA "session" concatenated to the TCP
connection and it was never clear which of the two was the source of the
problem you experienced?

Incidentally, how Matan Cohen can claim to have had the same problem, given
that it was so imprecisely defined, is a bit of a mystery. He may have had the
same - or a similar - *symptom*.

Chris Mason