On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:13:29 -0400, Knutson, Sam <sknut...@geico.com> wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>The IBM Communications Server TCP/IP and TN3270 support is very robust and we
>have run a good size z TCP network for years on both OS/390 and now z/OS
>without ever having significant issues with dropped sessions.  I would second
>Mark's suggestion that the problem you were aware of was site specific and not
>a widespread problem.
>I believe that the majority of customers today accessing 3270 applications are
>doing so using TN3270 emulation.

I think I didn't mention with my statement about "15 years" was that back then
much
of the access was just TCP/IP and TN3270 was coming from a CISCO router.   I
still
see that today at some shops (as opposed to using the z/OS telnet server).

There's no way to know what the OP's configuration is / was since little
information
was offered.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com