Sounds like a firewall issue in that it times out before the session.  Many
emulators have a 'keep alive' feature. Try that.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Bill Hecox
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:57 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: TN3270 Session Hangs

Several years ago I was working at a bank. They had a T/R network. Emplyees had
a Desktop PC with a T/R card and a 3270 emulator(Attachmate I think).  They
connected to M/F using SNA/LLC2 to an IBM 3172.

I asked a few of the employees to try TN3270 from the emulator to the IBM
TCP/IP TN3270 server. It worked but we started getting session hangs on the
TN3270 sessions. Tech employees could just restart their sessions but
production employees could not tolerate the interruptions so we went back to
SNA/LLC2 sessions.

Does this problem still exist?\

Bill

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at