On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:01:43 -0600, Chase, John wrote:
> [...]
In our development, we often do APPLY REDO (this is extraordinary
in end customer environments; we never require it).  REDO is
incompatible with ++ZAP, even if the ZAP itself is unchanged.
We rarely do ZAPs; we've learned our lesson.  In the past, we've
dealt with a vendor not using SMP/E who distributed service as
reversible ZAPs with a proprietary zap utility which could zap not
only load modules but also SYSPUNCH-format objects.

I wonder why ++DELETE precludes RESTORE?  It should be
straightforward to rebuild program objects from parts in the
DLIBs.

-- gil