I suspect ITIL (cert org?) refers to mainframes by their proper nomenclature as
designated by the manufacturer and ditto it's OS.  To me, "mainframe" is
synonymous with IBM for both manufacturer and OS, but Unisys uses the term
mainframe as well.   No doubt people here will like to be exact with the OS
name right down to the version number, but MVS still works for me.  However, it
been a long time since I got the ITIL cert and don't remember it having squat
to do with a mainframe.

My favorite term for the "mainframe organization" was just plain "data center"
or DPC, for "data processing center".  we had a helluva softball team,
regularly beat up on those college kids in programming, and had some serious
brawls with the team from building mntce/mailroom...

:)