On Nov 8, 2007 7:42 PM, Vaibhav Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Members,
> I am trying to update my UBUNTU but due to some bugs this hasn't been
> possible.
> The update manager says "Cannot download prerequisites" while being in the
> first step i.e. Preparing for upgrade.
>
> Please respond if you have any solutions or suggestions.

get an account, and get quality-assistance and response from launchpad.net

your feedback will also help to fix the problem for thousands of others.

meanwhile, i personally stay away from the 'upgrade distro' route, and
just do a fresh install on another partition. this way i can jump back
and forth between different versions of ubuntu until it's time to let
go of *either* one.

:-)
niyam