On Nov 14, Joachim Selke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The above error can be fixed by changing conn_options to connect_args in
> line 401 of alchemyadapter.py.

Fine, but... I'm about to cry. ;-)

> But then I get:
  [...]
> sqlalchemy.exceptions.DBAPIError: (TypeError) connect() keywords must be
> strings None None

My guess is that sqlalchemy's "connect" function isn't happy with
dictionaries as parameters.  Anyway: here you're using SQLAlchemy 0.4,
right?

But I have a Plan B: try, in alchemyadapter.setConnection, to
replace the code of the "if uri.startswith('ibm_db')" statement
with only:
  # I really do hope to have used the right numer of "connection" ;-)
  connection.connection.set_autocommit(True)

Moving everything _after_ the line:
  connection.module = eng_conn.dialect.dbapi

> Unfortunately, I have no idea how this can be fixed ... Do you have one?

I admit there's a lot of empiricism at work, here. :-)

> import sqlalchemy
> engine = sqlalchemy.create_engine(XXX)
> conn = engine.connect()
> conn.execute('INSERT INTO kind_type (kind) VALUES (?)', ['movie'])

The above test scary me: I really can't think of a reason why
it works, failing in IMDbPY: after all we're just creating the
engine (create_engine), binding it to the metadata and then
connecting...

> BTW: If you need access to a DB2 database for debugging purposes, I can
> create you an account on our database ... Just let me know. :-)

Right now I hope it would not be necessary, but thanks! :-)

--
Davide Alberani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://erlug.linux.it/~da/