Davide Alberani wrote:
> If you find a way to make it work, let me know, please.

I guess I found the problem. Let's have a look at your test case sqla.py
again. If I change the lines

for value in 'movie', 'tv series', 'tv movie', 'video movie', 'tv mini
series', 'video game', 'episode':
    kt_insert.execute(kind=value)

for value in unicode('movie'), 'tv series', 'tv movie', 'video movie',
'tv mini series', 'video game', 'episode':
    kt_insert.execute(kind=value)

I get the reported error. And indeed, the call of "unicode" is the
important difference between your test case and what IMDbPY is doing
(see "createTables" in dbschema.py).

Is this a bug in the ibm_db driver?
(My DB2 database's encoding is set to UTF-8 by default.)

BTW: I found a problem in your code when creating indexes. In file
alchemyadapter.py, class TableAdapter, method _createIndex, indexes are
created following the naming convention "TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME". In DB2's
SQL dialect, names of the type A.B refer to item B contained in schema A
of the current database. Therefore, by creating an index named
TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME, a new schema TABLENAME is created, which of course
is not what we want here. I suggest changing this naming convention to
"TABLENAME_COLUMNNAME".

Joachim
--
M. Sc. Joachim Selke
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Informationssysteme