On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 08:59 +0200, Michael Wallner wrote:
> Since ever people are confused by _GET and _POST superglobals,
> because, despite their name, they do not (really) depend on the
> request method.  Therefor I propose to phase out $_GET and name it
> $_QUERY and I propose to phase out $_POST and name it $_FORM (I'm not
> 100% confident with the latter yet, though).

The later is certainly misleading. The current naming corresponds to
HTML forms.

   <form method="GET">   -> $_GET
   <form method="POST">  -> $_POST

I agree that the naming from a HTTP/REST etc. perspective is misleading,
but unless we have a clearly better naming I would resist from changing
these.

Changing these leads to an incompatibility which can not be emulated
(ignoring runkit there is no way for a user to create a custom super
global)

In case that is ignored please mind other related areas, i.e.
filter_input() to make sure the resulting new language is consistent.

johannes