On Dec 15, 2014 11:53 PM, "Derick Rethans" <der...@php.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2014, Pierre Joye wrote:

> > > We have accepted the timeline for 7, so we need to stick to that:
> > > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php7timeline#vote
> > >

> > I hate to say that but if we stick to rules, this rfc and its result are
> > totally invalid and should be canceled.
>
> What a bonkers statement. Just because you don't agree it's not
> "totally invalid". I think 34 vs 2 is a pretty solid argument for
> sticking to it.

Aller php7 related RFCs from there are  invalid if we stick to the rules.
The author asked to respect rules while systematically breaking them. And
that's my point here.

People voting massively yes because " oh it will not happen if we don't say
yes now" is only bad. For that last one, even the author admit that we may
not make it as described.

I may propose a counter rfc or just for 5.7, did not make my mind yet. Why
should I make a php7 more complete rfc? Because we agreed to make one
together to propose actual choices. I was respectful enough to wait on the
other author until he was ready. Nice move.

So please, before you go up your horse telling me that my arguments are
bad, get your facts straight, thanks.

Cheers,
Pierre