Hi,
I may need to put several sub reports in the detail section in the master
report. So the sub reports will get loaded many times. Will this cause
significant performance issues? Does jasper cache data source for report in
this case?

My case:
User's data are scattered in 5 tables and I need to put those data together
under a particular user. I don't want to use UNION because HQL doesn't
support it. In addition, Union 5 tables may result in a huge SQL. I have to
use one sub report for each table and iterate users in master report and for
each user iterate all sub reports to display data relevant to that user.

Is this viable or any other solution?

Any comment is appreciated.