Peter Jin <jinyup...@gmail.com> writes:

> Grouping can not solve my issue because it works on one data source only. In
> my case, data for a user scattered in 5 tables. UNION might be a way to
> combine all tables to a data source, but I can not use it either (explained
> in the first post). any thoughts?

It's still somewhat unclear without knowing more about your table
structure, but if you just mean that you have a reasonably normalized
schema where the relevant information is stored in several tables with
appropriate foreign key relationships (this can be true even if normal
access is controlled by an ORM like Hibernate), is there a reason your
report query can't just join the relevant tables together, grouping
the result by user?

If you mean 5 completely distinct data sources (e.g., separate
databases), then another thought (if you have control of the code
rendering the report) might be to implement a custom data source that
itself performs the integration from the multiple data sources, even
if via 5 distinct queries.  From the Jasper engine's perspective it
would still be utilized as a single data source for the report.

-- David