> It seems to me that getRawImageType was supposed to
> give the "raw" colorspace
> (say YCbCr) for the src but for some reason it
> couldn't so it gave an RGB colorspace,
> which makes it unreliable.
>
> The following javadoc seems to be somewhat
> confusing:
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/imageio/Im
> ageReader.html#getRawImageType(int)
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/imageio/Im
> ageReader.html#getImageTypes(int)
>
> The default implementation of getRawImageType doesn't
> seem to work for you.
> There are some comments in JPEGImageReader.java
> saying that YCbCr colorspace
> is not available so RGB has to be returned.

I think that you are exactly right.  That's what I think also.

The root of the problem is that readRaster(int, ImageReadParam) ignores the
ImageTypeSpecifier's color and/or destination in the ImageReadParam.

If I could specify a ColorSpace or ColorModel in the ImageReadParam and that
ColorSpace or ColorModel was used in the reading, then there would be no
problem.
[Message sent by forum member 'demonduck' (demonduck)]