>    I use the default xorg.conf on my ubuntu 8.04, on
> a system with Nvidia chip. Note that I _don't_ use
>    the NVIDIA's proprietary drivers, and
> the default window manager is used.
>
> I have the following relevant extensions (as
>  reported
>   by xdpyinfo)
>    DOUBLE-BUFFER
>   RANDR
> In this configuration the full screen exclusive
>  mode
> (including display mode changing) is supported and
>  works
> fine. However, the OpenGL pipeline couldn't be
>  enabled,
>   the proprietary drivers are required for that.
> The vsync doesn't seem to be working (in 6u10) in
>  this config.

Our experiences starting to converge now. With the 6u10 I got both ubuntu and
Fedora go into FSEM. Display mode change is possible. Only vsync still fails.
But somehow even with the proprietary NVidia module and opengl extensions, I
was able to get FSEM. I guess you have a point that there are so many possible
configurations options on Linux...

> If you feel that this change in behavior is
>  something that
> needs to be addressed, I encourage you to contact
>  IcedTea
> guys, see if they could come up with a fix which we
>  can
>   incorporate into the openjdk source base.
>   Thanks,
>    Dmitri
> and include in the body
> of the message "signoff JAVA2D-INTEREST".  For
> general help, send email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body of the
> message "help".
[Message sent by forum member 'boyaci' (boyaci)]