I must agree here. The Microsoft accessibility desk helped me with my installation of Office 365. I couldn't open Excel files. Ultimately, they completely reinstalled Office 365, and it works much better now. It took a good hour, but they were very helpful throughout the process.

-----Original Message----- From: crystallo...@ca.inter.net
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2017 9:36 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Microsoft Edge

I can only speak for myself, but one of the big reasons I have always
prefered PCs over Macs, and Android phones over iPhones, is the amount
of choice available. I sympathise with thsoe who really want to use
Edge and want it to work for them, but the truth is that you don't
have to use Microsoft's products if they dont' make you happy. Firefox
is still a great browser and it's fully supported in JAWS. Chrome
works beautifully nowadays when three years ago that wasn't at all the
case. Don't be afraid of choice. Embrace it. Nobody has to use Edge
and because of the nature of the WWW, that will never be the case. I
think Microsoft is a lot better with accessibility concerns now than
they used to be. Its' not perfect, but that's something we should at
least be somewhat accustomed to by now. Remember when Windows 3.1 came
out, and everyone was using it except for blind people because of how
crap the screen reader support was at the time?

And yeah, office accessibility is a work in progress, but they're
doing a lot to improve it with every update. I can understand why
Office is an accessibility priority and not Edge. Simply put, there
just isn't really a great replacement for mS office out there; there's
a good reason most of the working world still uses it. Edge is just
one browser among several.

Quoting Jim Fettgather <jimfettgat...@gmail.com>:

I must respectfully suggest that if you do have the option of updating
Word 2016 to the very latest version, the choices in the spell check
dialog are now accessed by simply pressing the tab key, and it works
very very well.
It is highly accessible, I am an office 365 subscriber, so that is how
I was able to get the latest update.
I am unsure about installations of Office that are not on a 365
subscription, but I believe that you can go to the Accounts tab under
the file tab and attempt to check for updates.
I completely acknowledge the hideous situation with the Edge browser,
but I believe that Microsoft has been pretty transparent in making
their plans known to incrementally improve accessibility of their
Windows and Office products.