Just a point of clarification folks, the Apple audio format is M4a for standard audio files and M4R for ring tones. Interestingly enough you need an audio converter to change MP3 files to M4A, but to convert an M4a file to a ring tone simply rename it in windows explorer.

-----Original Message----- From: Russ Kiehne
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 9:21 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] How to transfer mp3 files from PC to iPhone

I've never had to comvert my mp3 files to mp4 to play them on my ipod touch.
I just transfer the mp3 files to the ipod touch and they play without any
problems.

-----Original Message----- From: ratshtron
Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2018 10:52 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com

first of all, you will need to convert the .mp3 files to .mp4 files
for them to work with an Iphone. once that's done, all you need to do
is to connect your Iphone to your computer and start itunes and
select your iphone in itunes and copy and paste the ringtones from
your computer and paste them in to itunes. itunes will place them on
to your iphone as ringtones.