Oh my good man from far across the big pond, my thanks to you and the other gentleman who posted this information.

-----Original Message----- From: Hareth
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:25 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] vlc

Hi David and All,
Below is the URL for the official VLC wiki keyboard hotkeys table.
plus I'm pasting the list below that.
Note: One I think its a Jaws bug, with me the ctrl plus up and down
arrows just doesn't work,
Sometimes it even crashes VLC.
With NVDA it works just fine. I think I'd report that issue to the VFO
people if more people encounter that more often.

Table of VLC keyboard hotkeys:

Command

Code

Hotkey

Fullscreen  key-toggle-fullscreen  f
Leave fullscreen  key-leave-fullscreen  Esc
Play/Pause  key-play-pause  Space
Pause only  key-pause  [
Play only  key-play  ]
Faster  key-faster  +
Slower  key-slower  -
Normal rate  key-rate-normal  =
Faster (fine)  key-rate-faster-fine  Unset
Slower (fine)  key-rate-slower-fine  Unset
Next  key-next  n
Previous  key-prev  p
Stop  key-stop  s
Position  key-position  t
Very short backwards jump  key-jump-extrashort  Shift-Left
Very short forward jump  key-jump+extrashort  Shift-Right
Short backwards jump  key-jump-short  Alt-Left
Short forward jump  key-jump+short  Alt-Right
Medium backwards jump  key-jump-medium  Ctrl-Left
Medium forward jump  key-jump+medium  Ctrl-Right
Long backwards jump  key-jump-long  Alt-Ctrl-Left
Long forward jump  key-jump+long  Alt-Ctrl-Right
Next frame  key-frame-next  e
Activate  key-nav-activate  Enter
Navigate up  key-nav-up  Up
Navigate down  key-nav-down  Down
Navigate left  key-nav-left  Left
Navigate right  key-nav-right  Right
Go to the DVD menu  key-disc-menu  Shift-m
Select previous DVD title  key-title-prev  Shift-o
Select next DVD title  key-title-next  Shift-b
Select prev DVD chapter  key-chapter-prev  Shift-p
Select next DVD chapter  key-chapter-next  Shift-n
Quit  key-quit  Ctrl-q
Volume up  key-vol-up  Ctrl-Up
Volume down  key-vol-down  Ctrl-Down
Mute  key-vol-mute  m
Subtitle delay up  key-subdelay-up  h
Subtitle delay down  key-subdelay-down  g
Audio delay up  key-audiodelay-up  k
Audio delay down  key-audiodelay-down  j
Cycle audio track  key-audio-track  b
Cycle through audio devices  key-audiodevice-cycle  Shift-a
Cycle subtitle track  key-subtitle-track  v
Cycle source aspect ratio  key-aspect-ratio  a
Cycle video crop  key-crop  c
Toggle autoscaling  key-toggle-autoscale  o
Increase scale factor  key-incr-scalefactor  Alt-o
Decrease scale factor  key-decr-scalefactor  Alt-Shift-o
Cycle deinterlace modes  key-deinterlace  d
Show interface  key-intf-show  i
Hide interface  key-intf-hide  Shift-i
Take video snapshot  key-snapshot  Shift-s
Go forward in browsing history  key-history-forward  Shift-h
Record  key-record  Shift-r
Dump  key-dump  Shift-d
Zoom  key-zoom  z
Un-Zoom  key-unzoom  Shift-z
Toggle wallpaper mode  key-wallpaper  w
Display OSD menu on top  key-menu-on  Alt-Shift-m
Do not display OSD menu  key-menu-off  Alt-Ctrl-m
Highlight widget on the right  key-menu-right  Alt-Shift-Right
Highlight widget on the left  key-menu-left  Alt-Shift-Left
Highlight widget on top  key-menu-up  Alt-Shift-Up
Highlight widget below  key-menu-down  Alt-Shift-Down
Select current widget  key-menu-select  Alt-Shift-Enter
Crop one pixel from the top  key-crop-top  Alt-r
Uncrop one pixel from the top  key-uncrop-top  Alt-Shift-r
Crop one pixel from the left  key-crop-left  Alt-d
Uncrop one pixel from the left  key-uncrop-left  Alt-Shift-d
Crop one pixel from the bottom  key-crop-bottom  Alt-c
Uncrop one pixel from the bottom  key-uncrop-bottom  Alt-Shift-c
Crop one pixel from the right  key-crop-right  Alt-f
Uncrop one pixel from the right  key-uncrop-right  Alt-Shift-f
Random  key-random  r
Normal/Repeat/Loop  key-loop  l
1:4 Quarter  key-zoom-quarter  Ctrl-1
1:2 Half  key-zoom-half  Ctrl-2
1:1 Original  key-zoom-original  Ctrl-3
2:1 Double  key-zoom-double  Ctrl-4
Very short jump length (integer)  extrashort-jump-size  3
Set playlist bookmark 1  key-set-bookmark1  Ctrl-F1
Set playlist bookmark 2  key-set-bookmark2  Ctrl-F2
Set playlist bookmark 3  key-set-bookmark3  Ctrl-F3
Set playlist bookmark 4  key-set-bookmark4  Ctrl-F4
Set playlist bookmark 5  key-set-bookmark5  Ctrl-F5
Set playlist bookmark 6  key-set-bookmark6  Ctrl-F6
Set playlist bookmark 7  key-set-bookmark7  Ctrl-F7
Set playlist bookmark 8  key-set-bookmark8  Ctrl-F8
Set playlist bookmark 9  key-set-bookmark9  Ctrl-F9
Set playlist bookmark 10  key-set-bookmark10  Ctrl-F10
Play playlist bookmark 1  key-play-bookmark1  F1
Play playlist bookmark 2  key-play-bookmark2  F2
Play playlist bookmark 3  key-play-bookmark3  F3
Play playlist bookmark 4  key-play-bookmark4  F4
Play playlist bookmark 5  key-play-bookmark5  F5
Play playlist bookmark 6  key-play-bookmark6  F6
Play playlist bookmark 7  key-play-bookmark7  F7
Play playlist bookmark 8  key-play-bookmark8  F8
Play playlist bookmark 9  key-play-bookmark9  F9
Play playlist bookmark 10  key-play-bookmark10  F10

End of hotkeys Table.
Enjoy.