Nothing you've shown us is the least bit unusual, and it should work perfectly well. The problem must be in something you're *not* showing us, either in the JavaBeans somehow (although I can't imagine how) or in some other Jess code.

If you can send me, personally, by email, a COMPLETE, runnable example -- i.e., all Java and Jess code -- then I will probably be able to tell you what's going wrong. But just based on what you've shown us so far, there shouldn't be a problem.