On 12/03/2014 05:00 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Rolf Huehne <rhue...@fli-leibniz.de> wrote:
>> Could the Java console also be opened like in the application?
>>

> The Jmol applet console opens in a separate frame in front of the applet.

Do you mean the 'Jmol console' for entering commands or the 'Jmol Java
console' for error messages? I meant the second one which I can't
convince to appear with 'IcedTea Java' and the applet if the browser
doesn't have an option to open it.
> If there's much to change, that's certainly writing a new application. You
> need a whole raft of additional files -- icons, button layouts, all sorts
> of things. The top application menu is basically a text file that could be
> read on demand. See
> sourceforge.net/p/jmol/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Jmol/src/org/openscience/jmol/app/jmolpanel/Properties/Jmol-resources.properties
>
> A good project for a volunteer, perhaps. Not I.....

I guess I will have to be that volunteer, although I havn't done any
Java programming yet. I am still on my way to figure out what will be
necessary for my new project. Let's see how it develops...

Regards,
Rolf
--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228