Good to hear...

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Rolf Huehne <rhue...@fli-leibniz.de> wrote:

> On 11/28/2013 12:55 AM, Robert Hanson wrote:
> > OK, here we go... Thank you all for the testing.
> >
> > http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/zip/jmol-13.3.9_2013.11.27d.zip
> >
> > Should fix the Bond/BondSet issue.
> > Should fix the mouse wheeling issues.
> Mousewheel works now in Chromium 30 on Linux the same with Java and HTML5:
> zooming with the mousewheel after first click into the applet
>
> That's ok for me. Firefox 25 on Linux works as before (no initial click
> needed for zooming with the mousewheel).

Excellent.

> > Should fix the menu language issue. (should start up in your language)
> At "http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/jsmol.htm"; language switching
> works (both with HTML5 and Java, in Firefox 25 and Chromium 30 on
> Linux). And the check marks in the menu are now set correctly

great.

> Within the development 'Jena3D Viewer' language switching works with
> Java but not (always) with HTML5. In Firefox 25 there is no error
> message at all but in Chromium 30 there is the following error message:
> ----------------------------------
> Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not
> Found)
>
> http://jenalib.fli-leibniz.de/cgi-bin//ImgLibPDB/jmol/jmol-13.3.9d/jsmol/idioma/de.po
> ----------------------------------

Right, I guess you didn't upload the idioma subdirectory. It's certainly in
the zip file. The file is not there. Nor is anything at
http://jenalib.fli-leibniz.de/cgi-bin/ImgLibPDB

> If I set 'Info.j2sPath' to an absolute URL
> ("http://jenalib.fli-leibniz.de/ImgLibPDB/jmol/jmol-13.3.9d/jsmol/j2s";)
> instead of a server absolute URL
> ("/ImgLibPDB/jmol/jmol-13.3.9d/jsmol/j2s") language switching works
> (menu and console). But Firefox still displays this Javascript error
> message:
> ----------------------------------
> Timestamp: 11/28/2013 04:26:16 PM
> Error: not well-formed
> Source File:
>
> http://jenalib.fli-leibniz.de/ImgLibPDB/jmol/jmol-13.3.9d/jsmol/idioma/de.po
> Line: 1, Column: 2
> Source Code:
> # German translation of the Jmol applet
> ----------------------------------
>
> I think that's some sort of standard message that browsers give. For some
reason they always try to parse these as XML with AJAX. Don't know why.

> Additionally, in Chromium 30 on Linux with HTML5 and the development
> 'Jena3D Viewer' an alert box is opened:
> "JmolCore.js: synchronous binary file transfer is requested but not
> available"
> After clicking "ok" the structure file is loaded anyway.
>

> There is also the following  Javascript error message:
> ----------------------------------
> XMLHttpRequest.responseType cannot be changed for synchronous HTTP(S)
> requests made from the window context.
> ----------------------------------
>
> Is the alert box just a warning or was there really a problem?
> If it is just a warning, can it be deactivated for productive use?

This first is the test that JSmol uses to check for availability of
synchronous binary file loading. The message is saying that a relay is
being used because this browser can't read binary data that way (Chrome and
Safari and MSIE). It's tell you (the developer) that a binary file has been
requested (probably GZIP? Certainly no longer necessary to do that ---
servers will automatically convert to gz, and browsers will automatically
unzip them.) Whatever you are using for Info.serverUrl is being used to
encode the data as base64 on the server side and decode it back on the page
by JSmol. Any chance you can just avoid binary?

Feel free to remove the message. I could add something that you could turn
off.

Thanks much -- glad this is all working properly for you.

> Regards,
> Rolf
> --
>
> Rolf Huehne
> Postdoc
>
> Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
> Beutenbergstrasse 11
> 07745 Jena, Germany
>
> Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
> Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
> E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
> Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de
>
>            Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
>         Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
> Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein
>
> VAT No: DE 153 925 464
> Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
> Tax Number: 162/141/08228

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900