For starters, i don't know if i have write access to the jquery svn
repository to checkin my plugin. Once i know that i already have it or not,
or if i am given one, then i might be more interested in tracking bugs and
enhancements from the plugin page itself.

Second, the plugin site is fairly new, and as u know we faced quite a few
issues using that in the first place... So, it is just a matter of time
before both developers and users get confidence in the repo.

Third, the main jquery page still points to the docs.jquery.com/plugins wiki
instead of the plugin page. Many people are still using that.

And, as Stephan says it is both a problem of education and the barrier to
entry. But, these are expected from the users to get quality extensions from
any open source software. Yet, it has to solved.

Again, i guess i am just rambling...

-GTG