I mean both, although my understanding is that the aforementioned book is
full of pictures he selected rather than took. I've read the Nevin book but
I don't recall esp. plentiful pictures.

Here's the passage in the Reactionary Modernism about the book:

The first was another collection of photographs, Die verdnderte Welt (The
Transformed World).110 It presented in pictures the ideas that were
elaborated in repetitive prose in Jiinger's most well known work, Der
Arbeiter, also published in 1933. The central message of the pictures and
captions of Die verdnderte Welt was that a new, technically advanced,
worldwide authoritarianism had developed. Workers' pa- rades in Moscow
appear alongside a meeting of Hitler's stormtroop- ers, both indicative of a
new "voluntary uniformity." Soldiers in uniform are on the opposite page
from workers wearing uniformlike work clothes. Women are shown working at
machines. Sports figures break- ing records and measurements timing the
reactions of automobile drivers signify the expanding quantification of
life. Cosmetics, man- nequins, loudspeakers, New York skyscrapers,
advertising, mass po- litical rallies and slogans, church services being
filmed, tank formations, geometrically planned cities, Soviet poster art of
workers, Nazi election placards, lines of motorcycles, labor heroes and
"saboteurs" in Russia, airplanes, and hydroelectric dams form a montage of
authoritarian vitality. Tremendous energies are being unleashed all over
Europe, in the Soviet Union, and in the United States.

No particular recommendation.

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Gregory Whitfield <gregd...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Do you mean photos Junger took himself, or photos he especially liked and
> favoured? I recently purchased a good Junger bio ( Nevin's ) , which has an
> extraordinary selection of powerful, intense pictures.Well worth checking
> out.
>
> By the way, what do you think of the "Reactionary Modernism" title you
> mentioned? Is it worth reading?
>
> Greg.

Antwort per Email an