>From the point of view of BasicFeature, there is no distinction between the
geometry and any other attribute.  All modifications are still funneled
through setAttribute().  For example the setGeometry() code in
AbstractBasicFeature is:

    public void setGeometry(Geometry geometry) {
        setAttribute(schema.getGeometryIndex(), geometry);
    }

Larry

http://amusingprogrammer.blogspot.com/