Hi

The website is localized, and exists also in my native language, Norwegian.

Now, there is a feature on the site to show a redirect info box if you visit
AOO in another language than your own.
However, this is not triggered when I simply visit www.openoffice.org, but only
when I explicitly select english
as language in the topmost site language selector, opening
http://www.openoffice.org/?redirect=soft (notice redirect param)
That redirect link is broken for Norwegian, since it takes you to
http://www.openoffice.org/nb resulting in a 404.
The issue here is that “nb" is the ISO code for Norwegian Bokmål, also used in
the download file name. But we have a
common web site for Norwegian Bokmål and Norwegian Nynorsk at
http://www.openoffice.org/no/

I’d like to fix some of this. Here are some questions in that regard:

* Is the info box supposed to show whenever another translation matching your
browser setting is available?
* Why is it only the English dropdown option having ?redirect=soft
* I’d like to change from having two Norwegian entries in the topmost site
dropdown to only one (since both point to “no”)
  Please see edited brand.html file: http://home.apache.org/~janhoy/brand.html
* For the problem of redirect box for Norwegian “nb” -> 404, should we edit the
script in index.html
  to add an exception for Norwegian, like there is for Portuguese, or should
the redirect variable in
  msg_prop_l10n.js add a third column being the language code to use when
constructing the site URL?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com