He does have a soft coat with soft curls.  It is not a desired coat for show although he was pick of a show litter.  Once his guards hairs grow in he is a little heavier but boy he is like a giant teddy bear.  My girl is very tight but not harsh, never met a harsh one yet and I've had 8.

You have probably met dogs that don't get brushed much.

Sherri