Donna, I feel it's going to be many years before any differentiately named Labradoodle becomes AKC Breed Recognised and AKC Registered. Simply lots more needs to done on the long path towards AKC Breed Recognition.

An example of one of the areas I feel needs to be done of which the AKC may look closely at when considering Breed Recognition - ALL the Breed Clubs with the AKC conduct Conformation Breed Shows, so far for "Australian Labradoodles" there has only been ONE Conformation Show which was held in California in conjunction with a Romp. I heard that the "Australian Labradoodle Conformation Breed Show" was a great success and that will probably mean more of such events will be planned and held and probably at other locations around America. I haven't heard anything regarding "American Labradoodle Conformation Breed Shows". Anyway, have a looksee at this webpage at this address:-
http://www.alpsdoodles.org/pages/malibushow.htm

Eddy Safianski
Sale Victoria. Australia
Email:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website:-
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~safcav/

Labradoodle Dog breed gift Labradoodle dog
Labradoodle dog breed Mixed breed dogs