Hi Laurie,

The listing does say that the pillow is made of leather - the original leather. If you look at the third picture down at the bottom of the picture you can see the grain in the leather which is somewhat irregular so may be the real thing. However I guess it could be one of the early fake leathers??

Cindy Rusak - in cool Wisconsin where they keep teasing us with nice forecasts which rarely transpire.