One of the few pieces of Honiton that I finished (my first piece actually, done at a workshop with Pat Read many years ago) is stitched to a t-shirt. Because it is stitched all the way around it is quite safe in the washing machine.

I have done the same with 3 pieces of Milanese (first one done with Pat's help) and they are not put in the washing machine because the t-shirt was very, very, very , very expensive and it is the t-shirt that gets hand-washed and the lace only by default.

Malvary in Ottawa, where it is supposed to be +4 today so perhaps I can get rid of more of the 2"-4" thick layer of ice on my driveway.