Thanks!  I had a half suspicion that it might be that, but it was only a
half suspicion.  I was pretty sure it wasn't a bread cover, which is what
lace and cover cloth was pulling up on google.  I'll bear this in mind for
if/when I start doing bobbin lace again, it's been thirty years since I did
lace making.

Yours,

John Mead
Tacoma, WA USA