Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2006, Ido Kanner wrote:
>

>> Nicholas Wirth once said that a language requires good name (I don't recall
>> the
>> exact quote), without a good name the language will fail.
>>

> In that case he did a poor PR job, obviously.
Obviously the name C++ is why it's so commonly used.  Wait, that doesn't
make sense...

What we have in Lazarus is essentially "Visual Studio Pascal" (not that
I'm suggesting that name because it's mostly taken.)

But, I honestly don't think a name change will affect things much one
way or the other.  Like was already pointed out "Delphi" had nothing to
do with Pascal - probably because Borland was smart enough to realize
that Pascal was already viewed as an obscure dead language and they
wanted to separate themselves from that.  Nobody in the early days
called themselves "Pascal" programmers, they were all "Delphi" programmers.

-Tony